This week the Festus School Board received two reports. One is an analysis of expected future growth in the Festus R-VI School District. The other is the result of a recent phone survey of District patrons to gauge their thoughts about the School district and their potential support of various projects. A link to the results of both surveys is below.
With the winter season fast approaching, Early Dismissal due to inclement weather is always a possibility. Please click on the link for early dismissal time schedules for each building.
Notification of school closure and/or early dismissal's will be made using the Phone/Text alert via Schoolmessenger, as well as social media and local news and radio stations. If you should have any questions or you've had a change in phone number, please contact your child's school office.
Come enjoy "Breakfast with Santa" at the High School Cafeteria on Dec. 1 from 8am-11am. French Toast & Sausage will be served.
Cost: $4/child (under 2 is free)
Activities available until Noon.
Fast Foto taking pictures with Santa.
Proceeds go toward the Festus Food Service Scholarships
Legislation passed during the 2018 session that requires the Department of Economic Development (DED) to annually identify occupations in which a critical need or shortage of trained personnel exists in the labor market in the state and provide such information to the State Board of Education (SBE). Upon receipt of such data, the SBE shall, in collaboration with DED, compile the following:
• Information on how to obtain industry recognized certificates and credentials
• Information on how to obtain a license and the requirements for a license when licensure is required for an occupation
• Access to assessments and interest inventories that provide insight into the types of careers that would be suitable for students
• Resources that describe the types of skills and occupations most in demand in the current job market and those skills and occupations likely to be in high demand in future years
• Resources that describe the typical salaries for occupations and salary trends
• Information on how to obtain financial assistance for postsecondary education
• Information on how to choose a college, school, or apprenticeship that aligns with the student’s career goals and values
• Information on self-employment • Resources related to creating a résumé, interviewing, networking, and finding job opportunities
• Information on the skills and traits necessary to succeed in various careers
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education school counseling staff has compiled and placed information related to labor shortages and job attainment on their website. This information will update regularly, you can view updates by clicking on this link: Labor Market Needs